To be the role model for state government agencies in delivering excellent customer service
Mission: To serve, satisfy and support our customers
Core Values/Guiding Principles:
- Trust & Respect
- Diverse, skilled workforce
Department of Administration Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: Advance the department's mission, vision, and values by providing excellent, timely, and cost-effective customer service.
- Challenge the status quo by embracing and initiating beneficial changes that result in continuous improvement in service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Improve communication and collaboration with customers and among DOA divisions to build and support relationships.
- Provide transparency and information security in program operations.
- Promote a culture of openness, trust, diversity, and equality.
- Promote efficient use of department resources by expanding energy conservation measures and use of existing technology.
Goal 2: Create and maintain a highly qualified, professional, diverse, and responsive workforce that accurately reflects the labor force in Montana and supports the department's mission, vision, and values.
- Provide employees with a work environment where teamwork is paramount, ideas are rewarded, creativity and risk-taking are encouraged, and successes are celebrated.
- Encourage managers to be mentors and leadership role models to their staff.
- Promote professional growth and development opportunities through an improved employee recruitment, selection, retention and training process as outlined in the department's Workforce Development Plan.
- Assess job performance based on meaningful standards and measures.
- Create an atmosphere of openness, trust, and support so employees can readily admit mistakes, assume responsibility, and apply resources to fix problems.
- Promote work life balance.
Goal 3: Promote a safe and healthy work environment for employees to experience job satisfaction in their achievements and contributions to the agency's mission and vision.
- Provide ongoing safety training.
- Report accidents/incidents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Increase employees' awareness and understanding of their individual safety responsibilities.
- Reduce costs associated with accidents by maintaining an active safety program that promotes a safe and healthy work environment, and is committed to bringing injured employees back to work as quickly as possible following an injury or occupational disease.
Specific goals and objectives of the DOA divisions:
- Architecture and Engineering
- Banking and Financial Services
- Director's Office
- General Services
- Health Care and Benefits
- Risk Management and Tort Defense
- State Accounting
- State Human Resources
- State Information Technology Services
Specific goals and objectives of the agencies administratively attached to DOA: